Peanut-Free Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Whole Milk (247.75g)
Heavy Cream (40.85g)
Voyage Foods Peanut-Free Spread (70g)
Skim Milk Powder (29.6g)
Xanthan Gum (0.23g)
Locust Bean Gum (0.23g)
Kappa Carrageenan (0.05g)
Egg Yolk (58.3g)
- Separate the egg yolks and add half of the sugar to the yolks.
- Combine the milk and cream and bring to 160°F in a small pot.
- Weigh out the remaining sugar, milk powder, and stabilizers (xanthan gum, locust bean gum, and kappa carrageenan), add to the liquid, and mix until homogeneous.
- Slowly temper the milk mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly.
- Add the egg mixture back to the pot with the Peanut-Free Spread and bring to 165°F.
- Cool the mixture over an ice bath.
- Once cool, add the mixture to an ice cream machine, churn, and enjoy!